- 2019 State Meet Results (2/18/2019) - February 16 Classic at Black Mountain Girl’s 3k Classic Results Boy’s 3k Classic Results February 16 Giant Slalom at Black Mountain Girls’ Giant Slalom Results Boys’ Giant Slalom Results Standings After 2 Events Girls’ Team Scores Boys’ Team Scores Skimeister Scores February 13 27 Nordic Freestyle at Lost Valley February 13 27 Slalom at Lost … Continue reading 2019 State Meet Results
- States Day 1 Postponed (2/11/2019) - Due to the incoming weather, the Wed Feb 13 scheduled MJSL Slalom and Nordic Skate Race has been postponed to Wed Feb 27 at Lost Valley. Complete state meet schedule.
- 2018-2019 Race Calendar Posted (11/7/2018) - The 2018-2019 MJSL race calendar is posted here.
- 2019 State Meet Schedule (9/4/2018) - Day 1 Wednesday, February 13 Wednesday, February 27 Due to the incoming weather, the Wed Feb 13 scheduled MJSL Slalom and Nordic Skate Race has been postponed to Wednesday Feb 27. at Lost Valley 10:00 Alpine Slalom 2:00 Nordic Freestyle: The girls race will begin at 2 p.m. and the boys will begin at 3 … Continue reading 2019 State Meet Schedule
- Fall Coaches Meeting (9/4/2018) - The fall meeting will be held, as usual, the first Thursday of November. This year we have a new location: we will meet at Margaritas in Augusta. Dinner will be at 5:30 for those that wish, and the meeting at 6:30. We will have a private room.
About the Maine Junior Ski League
The Maine Junior Ski League is made of up Middle School aged kids that ski either for their school, club or individually. Some schools require students to be in the 6th through 8th grades where some clubs will allow athletes as young as the 4th grade (please check with your local team for details). Races rotate at different ski Areas all over central and western Maine.
Teams include: Auburn Middle School, Bethel Outing Club, Camden Snow Bowl, Central Maine Ski Club (CMSC), Chisholm Alpine Race Team (CART) Farmington Area Ski Team (FAST), Lewiston/Auburn Bill Koch (LABK), Maranacook Middle School, Mt. Abram, Mountain Valley Middle School, Oxford Hills Middle School, Rangeley, Scarborough, Spruce Mountain, Sugarloaf Area Ski Team (SAST), Telstar Middle School, Tripp Middle School.
In order to compete in the state meet each athlete must compete in at least three races of their discipline (alpine or nordic) during the regular season. Ski meisters must complete two in each discipline, two alpine and two nordic.
Team scores are the combined score of the top four finishers (or three plus ghost). Lowest team score wins.