- 2018-2019 Race Calendar Posted (11/7/2018) - The 2018-2019 MJSL race calendar is posted here.
- 2019 State Meet Schedule (9/4/2018) - The 2019 state meet schedule will be: Wednesday, February 13 at Lost Valley Saturday, February 16 at Black Mountain More details to follow the fall coaches meeting.
- Fall Coaches Meeting (9/4/2018) - The fall meeting will be held, as usual, the first Thursday of November. This year we have a new location: we will meet at Margaritas in Augusta. Dinner will be at 5:30 for those that wish, and the meeting at 6:30. We will have a private room.
- Thank you! (3/2/2018) - Thank you to all the athletes, coaches, parents, and volunteers who made the 2018 state meet and the entire season such a success! Full results from the state meet, including team scores and skimeister results, are posted here.
- State Meet GS re-run March 1 at Kent’s Hill (2/17/2018) - Due to irreconcilable problems with the timing/results at Mt. Abram, we have no choice but to re-run the GS race. The re-run will take place on Thursday, March 1 at 3:00 pm at Kent’s Hill. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. The format for the GS Finals at Kent’s Hill will be … Continue reading State Meet GS re-run March 1 at Kent’s Hill
- 2018 State Meet Results (2/15/2018) - Day 1 Nordic Results: freestyle Girl’s 3k freestyle results Boy’s 3k skate results Team results Day 2 Alpine Results: SL Slalom full results (boys & girls) at live-timing.com Day 2 Nordic Results: classic Girls 3k classic results Boys 3k classic results Team results Day 3 Alpine Results: GS Giant Slalom official results (boys & girls) … Continue reading 2018 State Meet Results
- FINALS Day 1 Alpine at Mt. Abram (2/12/2018) - Results Due to irreconcilable problems with the Mt. Abram timing/results, the GS will have to be re-run on Thursday, March 1 at 4:00 pm at Kent’s Hill. General Information Click here for information on the Day 1 GS race at Mt. Abram
- FINALS Day 1 Nordic at Gould (2/9/2018) - Results Girl’s 3k freestyle results Boy’s 3k skate results Team results Start Times and Start Order 2:00 PM Girls Skate. 1 skier every 15 seconds. 3:30 PM Boys Skate. Course Hilly 3km with spectator-friendly finish Parking: There are two parking lots on either side of Grover Hill Road Bib Pickup: Bib pickup will be … Continue reading FINALS Day 1 Nordic at Gould
- FINALS Day 2 Nordic at Quarry Road (2/9/2018) - 3K Classic Start Times and Start Order 2 PM Girls Classic. 1 skier every 15 seconds. 3 PM Boys Classic. Course 3 km on our new spectator-friendly course that features meandering terrain. Course map Entry fee: $8 per skier emailed entry payable by cash or check on arrival Checks to “CMSC” Entry deadline: 8PM on … Continue reading FINALS Day 2 Nordic at Quarry Road
- 2/9 Spruce slalom CANCELLED (2/5/2018) - We have just received word from Spruce Mountain that they are UNABLE to host FRIDAY’s Slalom race. It was a 6 pm start on February 9th. Sorry to everyone for such a tough year with snow!!!
About the Maine Junior Ski League
The Maine Junior Ski League is made of up Middle School aged kids that ski either for their school, club or individually. Some schools require students to be in the 6th through 8th grades where some clubs will allow athletes as young as the 4th grade (please check with your local team for details). Races rotate at different ski Areas all over central and western Maine.
Teams include: Auburn Middle School, Bethel Outing Club, Camden Snow Bowl, Central Maine Ski Club (CMSC), Chisholm Alpine Race Team (CART) Farmington Area Ski Team (FAST), Lewiston/Auburn Bill Koch (LABK), Maranacook Middle School, Mt. Abram, Mountain Valley Middle School, Oxford Hills Middle School, Rangeley, Scarborough, Spruce Mountain, Sugarloaf Area Ski Team (SAST), Telstar Middle School, Tripp Middle School.
In order to compete in the state meet each athlete must compete in at least three races of their discipline (alpine or nordic) during the regular season. Ski meisters must complete two in each discipline, two alpine and two nordic.
Team scores are the combined score of the top four finishers (or three plus ghost). Lowest team score wins.