- 2018-2019 Race Calendar Posted (11/7/2018) - The 2018-2019 MJSL race calendar is posted here.
- 2019 State Meet Schedule (9/4/2018) - Day 1 Wednesday, February 13 at Lost Valley Alpine Slalom Nordic Freestyle details TBA Day 2 Saturday, February 16 at Black Mountain 2:00 Nordic Classical 5:00 Alpine Giant Slalom Full day 2 schedule of events
- Fall Coaches Meeting (9/4/2018) - The fall meeting will be held, as usual, the first Thursday of November. This year we have a new location: we will meet at Margaritas in Augusta. Dinner will be at 5:30 for those that wish, and the meeting at 6:30. We will have a private room.
- Thank you! (3/2/2018) - Thank you to all the athletes, coaches, parents, and volunteers who made the 2018 state meet and the entire season such a success! Full results from the state meet, including team scores and skimeister results, are posted here.
- State Meet GS re-run March 1 at Kent’s Hill (2/17/2018) - Due to irreconcilable problems with the timing/results at Mt. Abram, we have no choice but to re-run the GS race. The re-run will take place on Thursday, March 1 at 3:00 pm at Kent’s Hill. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. The format for the GS Finals at Kent’s Hill will be … Continue reading State Meet GS re-run March 1 at Kent’s Hill
About the Maine Junior Ski League
The Maine Junior Ski League is made of up Middle School aged kids that ski either for their school, club or individually. Some schools require students to be in the 6th through 8th grades where some clubs will allow athletes as young as the 4th grade (please check with your local team for details). Races rotate at different ski Areas all over central and western Maine.
Teams include: Auburn Middle School, Bethel Outing Club, Camden Snow Bowl, Central Maine Ski Club (CMSC), Chisholm Alpine Race Team (CART) Farmington Area Ski Team (FAST), Lewiston/Auburn Bill Koch (LABK), Maranacook Middle School, Mt. Abram, Mountain Valley Middle School, Oxford Hills Middle School, Rangeley, Scarborough, Spruce Mountain, Sugarloaf Area Ski Team (SAST), Telstar Middle School, Tripp Middle School.
In order to compete in the state meet each athlete must compete in at least three races of their discipline (alpine or nordic) during the regular season. Ski meisters must complete two in each discipline, two alpine and two nordic.
Team scores are the combined score of the top four finishers (or three plus ghost). Lowest team score wins.